Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark!

Our resident PRO roadie and wine guru, Mark Duroy is celebrating his birthday today. On behalf of the rest of the team, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARK!

A little bit about Mark: He spent most of the 90s racing in France and Belgium. A long-legged and tall rider, Mark found himself racing in the Classic one-day races, rubbing shoulders with guys like Bjarne Riis and Johan Musseau. My memory isn't helping me now, I can't recall what race it was...but one of Mark's claims to fame is his 24th place finish in a Spring Classic!




Mark's a talented guy and one of my dearest friends. He taught me alot about riding and racing and after being dropped or having a tough day on the bike...Mark was the first to offer me words of advice and support. I've spent some time off the front with Mark and he is one strong rider and a good guy to have on your side in a race!


Happy Birthday Mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment